Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Welcome!

This blog came about by accident: I was trying to leave comments on a friend's blog and only other bloggers could leave comments. My first attempt at creating a new blog resulted in my choice of name (jaycasey--taken from my initials, JKC) was already taken (he/she is not even using it--the nerve!). Then I starting thinking, wouldn't it be fun to have a blog where I could post my latest thoughts and findings on the subject of evangelution. So, here we are. Despite its accidental origins, the blog will (hopefully) be intelligently designed from here on.

For this inaugural post, some definitions are in order. Evangelution could mean one of (at least) two things: (1) attempts to convert people to evolution and (2) evolution from an evangelical perspective. As to the former, there are many others who are more qualified and more adept than I, including my friend Abdul Muhib, so I will not be using that definition for the time being. By virtue of having created a false dualism, by default I will be discussing evolution from an evangelical perspective.

I should also define evangelical. For now, all I am going to say is that I mean evangelical (with a small "e") not Evangelical. The difference between these two is left as an exercise for the reader, and the answer will be in a (not-too-distant) future post.

1 Comments:

Blogger @bdul muHib Diherhen said...

I look forward to your thoughts. I'm sure that inherent complexity will arise out of this blog the more people select to read it, despite it's accidental origins.

6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home